Online Auto workshop Management and Accounting System
Without needing any more administrative employees at your company, you can manage all your tools, services, engineers, and clients by the auto shop management software. Through our accounting system for the automotive workshop, you can manage your employees, their dates, client appointments, and products like oils, internal and external components.
When you have added your products or parts of automotive into the system, you will help auto owners to choose what exactly they will be repairing. Facilitate the way for auto owners by creating invoices online and sending it by email, instead of taking more time to create invoices and deliver it to them face to face
On this page, we will show you a few highlights to every use all aspects of OnlineInvoices and use it to manage your auto workshop management and accounting system.
In this tutorial we will be explaining some highlights:
- How can you use online invoices to add new clients.
- Add your services or products.
- Add your business expenses and assign these expenses to a certain client.
- Send quotes to your clients.
- Schedule appointments with your clients.
- Add notes and attach files to a client’s profile.
- Create invoices and invoice your clients for a service you provide and your products.
- Receive online payments for your invoices to your favorite payment gateway.
- Add staff members to help you manage your business.
- Create advanced reports to track how your business is going and your profit or loss over certain intervals.
Adding New clients to your system:
The first step related to managing your auto repair workshop business is to add your vehicle owner (Create a detailed profile page for each auto owner and which part of the automobile they want to repair, whether it was an accelerator, air bag, axle body, bull bar, exhaust … etc). You can note the requirements for every auto owner to show the relationship between this automobile owner and your business.
To add a new auto owner, login to your system and do the following steps:
- through the “Clients” tab, select “Add New Client“.
- Add the new auto owner’s details: Please Note, the only required fields are (client business name, client number, and client email address if you will be selecting the “Send Via Email” invoicing method).
- Complete the “Client Details” field.
- Click on the “Save” button to save the new auto owner.
After you finish adding your automotive owners, You can proceed with adding the products and services you offer
Adding your services or products:
you can enlist the repairing services that you provide and vehicles spare parts as well through the following steps.
- From the “Products” tab, select “Create product”.
- Add your product or your service details: Check this for more info, How to add new products on Online Invoices.
- Click on the “Submit” button to save the new product.
Appointments management is another feature OnlineInvoices introduces to manage your automotive owners efficiently. You can use appointments to schedule car checking appointments, appointments with clients, or general appointments to finish any related task to your auto repair shop.
Schedule appointments with employees and clients:
- Through the “Clients” tab, select “Appointments“.
- Click the “New Appointment” button at the top right corner.
- The “Schedule a New Appointment” page will be populated
- Select a client from the “Client” drop-down menu.
- Determine a date and a time from the “Date” calendar.
- Select an action from the “Action to-do” list.
- Add any related notes to the appointment.
- Click the “Save” button to save the appointment.
One of the most of important features you can do with the system is to create invoices and manage them.
Invoicing for your auto repair service and products:
- Through the “Invoices” tab, Select “Create Invoice”.
- To get in-depth info about creating Invoices, Please check this link: Create Your first invoice.
- After filling in the invoice with your service info, click the “Save & Send Email” or “Save & Print” button.
- To receive payments online for your invoice, you will need to set up a payment gateway.
Check these links and configure your gateway:
Recording auto workshop expenses:
OnlineInvoices also works as an online expenses tracking software.
To create or add new expenses to your online invoices system please follow the following steps:
- Through the “Finance” tab, Select “Add Expenses”.
- Fill in the details of the expense, Check out this link for more info Tracking Expenses on Online Invoices.
- Click “Submit” to save the new expense.
Recording auto workshop income:
OnlineInvoice also works as an online income tracking software.
To create or add new income to your online auto repair workshop invoices system:
- Through the “Finance“ tab, Select “Add Incomes”.
- Fill in the details of the income, Check this link for more info Tracking income in Online Invoices
then click “Submit” to save the new income.
In case if you have more engineers and employees to add, That’s why we have established the “Staff” tab for you:
- Through the “Staff” tab, Select “Add Staff“.
- Add your staff member details
- Email address and the password the staff member will be using to login to his account onto the system.
- Set a “Role” for your staff member.
- Tick the “Active” checkbox.
- Click the “Save” button.
According to your staff member’s role in your business, you can control your staff member permissions and accesses, so he/she can use the system to add info about clients, note work done, or invoice your clients. For example, you can add lots of entries such as (manager – engineer – accountant …. etc.) and every one of them can enter the system to edit or add any data.
To Create a New Role:
- Through the “Staff” tab, Select “Manage Staff Role”.
- The “Manage Staff Role” page highlights all the available created roles.
- At the top right corner, Click “New Role”.
- The “New Roles” page will list all the permissions that can be associated with the staff member as in this picture below.
- Add a name for the role.
- Tick the “Is Admin” if you wish to give this staff member full permissions for the system.
- Tick the permissions you wish to give to that role, but be careful, as some roles need other roles from other sections, so the staff members work together smoothly. Before you give a person invoicing ability, you should give them access to the products and clients and enable them to view invoices too.
- Click “Submit” to save the new role.
What is a Profit & Loss Report (P&L)?
The profit and loss statement/report is a summary of the financial performance of a business over time (monthly, quarterly or annually is most common). It reflects the past performance of the business and is the report most often used by small business owners to track how their business is performing.
- Choose a Period: Monthly, Quarterly (3 months), or Yearly.
- Income: Choose to include only paid invoices in the income or all invoices.
- Date Range: Choose a date range.
- Currency: Choose a currency.
The report generated will show your income (from invoices) and your expenses in a graph and a table – the last field is the profit (or loss) for the selected time period.
Once the report is generated, you can Export it to CSV, PDF, or print it.
Check Online Auto repair workshop accounting system to know how OnlineInvoices can help you manage your auto workshop. To manage your auto repair workshop, register for a free account on OnlineInvoices Billing and Accounting Software.
Contact us if you have an issue or more questions.