Online School Administration and Accounting Management System
OnlineInvoices is a robust software to manage your school or educational institute. OnlineInvoices can manage all the elements of your educational center; besides managing the institute’s accounting and finance, the interference is easy to use and won’t need much technical experience to get you up and running. Whatever the size of your institution and whether it is a school, kindergarten, college, university, tuition Center or training Center, OnlineInvoices is your best option to administer your institute and manage its accounting.
In this tutorial, we will show you a fast highlight to every use of all aspects of OnlineInvoices and use it to manage your school or training institute.
Check Online Student Information Management System to know how OnlineInvoices can help you manage your school.
In this tutorial, we will highlight:
- Adding new students (Clients).
- Adding your tuition fees and subscriptions or products.
- Scheduling appointments with your students or parents.
- Adding notes and attaching files to a student’s profile.
- Creating invoices and invoicing your students (Clients) for tuition fees and subscriptions or products.
- Tracking the expenses, income, and taxes for school.
- Adding staff members and teachers to help you manage your students and institute.
- Creating Profit and Loss Reports
Adding New Students to your system:
The first step in managing your School\training institute is to add your Students (Create a detailed profile page for each student including personal information, classes studied, certificates, course progress, attendance, and payment history.).
To add new students, login to your system and follow these steps:
- From the “Clients” menu, choose “Add New Client“.
- Add the new student’s details:
- Complete the “Client Details” field: Check this for more info, How to Add New Clients in Online Invoices.
- Click on the Save button to save the new student.
After you complete adding your students, you can start listing the tuition fees and subscriptions or products you provide.
Adding your tuition fees and subscriptions or products:
- From the”Products” menu, choose “Create product“.
- Add your product or your service details: Check this for more info, How to add new products in Online Invoices.
- Click on the “Submit” button to save the new product.
Appointments management is another feature OnlineInvoices introduced to manage your students efficiently. You can use appointments to schedule admission appointments, appointments with parents, or general appointments to finish any related task to your school or training institute.
Schedule appointments with students or parents:
- From the “Clients” menu, choose “Appointments“.
- Click the “New Appointment” button from the top right corner.
- The “Schedule a New Appointment” will open.
- Choose a student from the “Client” drop-down menu.
- Choose a date and a time from the “Date” calendar.
- Choose an action from the “Action to-do” list.
- Add any related notes to the appointment.
- Click the “Save” button to save the appointment.
Notes and attachments are another cool feature to help you follow up with your students. You can add notes and attach files to any student’s profile. These notes can be beneficial to educational institutes, and their use is limitless. You can add notes to your student’s profile showing the progress of his studying and attach his tests scores, homework, and certificates. Notes can be shared with students or can be kept private for the teachers and staff.
To add a new note and attachment, follow these steps:
- From the “Clients” menu choose “Manage Clients”.
- From the student list, next to the student you wish to view an activity log for, click the arrow then click the “Add New Note” button”.
- From the client view page, click the “Add Note / Attachment” button.
- The Add new page will open.
- Choose a date from the “Date” field.
- Choose an action from the “Action Performed” drop-down menu.
- Choose a new client status from the “Update Status to” drop-down menu.
- Add your note in the text area.
- Attach any related files from the “Attachments” area.
- If you wish to schedule an appointment, activate the appointments area.
- Tick the “Share with client” checkbox if you wish to share the note/attachment with your client.
- Click the “Save” button to Save the note and attachment.
Invoicing for your tuition fees, services, and products:
From the “Invoices” menu, choose “Create Invoice”.
- To get in-depth info about creating Invoices, visit: Create Your first invoice.
- After filling out the invoice with your service info, click the “Save & Send Email” or “Print” button.
- To receive payments online for your invoice, you will need to set up a payment gateway.
Check these links and configure your gateway:
Recording School Expenses:
OnlineInvoice also works as online expenses tracking software.
To create or add new expenses to your online invoices system:
- From the “Finance” menu, choose “Add Expenses“.
- Fill the detail of the expense: check this link for more info Tracking Expenses in Online Invoices.
- Click “Submit” to save the new expense.
Adding teachers and staff to your system
- From the “Staff” menu, choose “Add Staff“.
- Add your staff member details
- Email address and a password the staff member will use to login to the system.
- Set a “role” for your staff member.
- Tick the “Active” check box.
- Click the “Save” button.
Set roles for your staff within the system
According to your staff member’s role in your business, you can assign him/her a set of roles, so he/she can use the system to add info about clients, notes, work was done, or invoice your clients.
To Create a New Role:
- From the “Staff” menu, choose “Manage Staff Role“.
- The “Manage Staff Role” page lists all the available created roles.
- From the top right corner, click “New Role“.
- The “New Roles” page will list all the permissions that can be associated with the staff member as in this picture below.
- Add a name for the role.
- Tick the “Is Admin” if you wish to give this staff member full permissions for the system.
- Tick the permissions you wish to give to that role, but be careful, as some roles need other roles from other sections, so the staff members work together smoothly. Before you give a person invoicing ability, you should give them access to the products and clients and enable them to view invoices too.
- Click “Submit” to save the new role.
Creating Profit and loss Reports
What is a Profit & Loss Report (P&L)?
The profit and loss statement/report is a summary of the financial performance of a business over time (monthly, quarterly or annually is most common). It reflects the past performance of the business and is the report most often used by small business owners to track how their business is performing.
- Choose a Period: Monthly, Quarterly (3 months), or Yearly.
- Income: Choose to include only paid invoices in the income or all invoices.
- Date Range: Choose a date range.
- Currency: Choose a currency.
The report generated will show your income (from invoices) and your expenses in a graph and a table – the last field is the profit (or loss) for the selected time period.
Once the report is generated, you can Export it to CSV, PDF, or print it.
Check Online Student Information Management System to know how OnlineInvoices can help you manage your school. To manage your school, register for a free account on OnlineInvoices Billing and Accounting Software.
Contact us if you have an issue or more questions.