How to import a list of projects from a CSV file
How to import a list of projects from a CSV file.
You can add a numerous number of projects in a few steps without having to enter every project one by one manually on the system by using the importing feature.
To start importing a list of projects please follow the following steps:
- Open the Excel program
- At the first row add the “Project Name” in the A1 field.
- Below each field fill out the projects entries as showing in the following figure.
- After you finish adding all your projects, save the excel file as CSV (“Comma delimited”).
- Login into your online invoices account.
- Through the “Time Tracking” tab, select the “projects” option.
- Click the marked in blue “Import” button at the top right corner.
The importing wizard will start.
Step 1 Import Options:
- Determine the file that will be imported (the CSV file we previously saved) by clicking on the “Browse” button.
- Through the “Delimiters” section select “Comma Separated” option.
- Click “Import First Row” check box. If your file contains the field labels existing at the first row so in this case, we will not tick the checkbox.
- Click the “Next Step” button.
Step 2 Fields Mapping:
- The “System Field” column: This column shows which fields on the system can the imported data be uploaded into; “*” meaning that this field must be filled (mandatory), and “Chain icon” means that this field is unique (i.e. if you have checked the “Updated an existing Projects with the new data” check box and there was an existing record that contains the same field value then it will update that existing record with the newly imported record. If you didn’t check the “Updated an existing Projects with the new data” check box and there was a record with the same existing data then it will ignore importing it and will be showing you errors regarding this record.
- The “Corresponding Field on File” column: Each drop-down menu on this column shows all the column headers on your file. Please select the equivalent column on your file for each system column (only system fields with “*” are required to have an equivalent selected field).
- In this case, we only added the new products and selected a corresponding field in the file for each system field as showing in the figure above, and the “Update an existing Projects with the new data” checkbox will not be checked as the process will be adding the new data only.
- Click the “Import” button.
Step 3 Importing:
- The system will take a few seconds to import the fields and save them.
- Refer back to the “Projects” page to check the imported projects.