How to manage products in Online Invoices
Manage your products/services on online invoices system:
- Through the “products” section please select the “Manage products” option.
Manage Products details
The items page lists all the items, services or products that you have added to your system. To add a new item, go to the Create New Item page and add any various details for that item – for instance, if you have a vehicle repair business and you want to add ‘Standard Car Service’ as an item, with a detailed description of that service, and the price. This functional structure allows you to simply add this item to a new invoice without having to re-enter the details relating to that item, service or product. that will save you a plenty of time as well as re-assuring consistent and easily managed descriptions and pricing for products or any repeated services. If there are other items to be added to the invoice, you can also select more from your list, or add them manually as you create the invoice. To add any pre-made item, product or service to any invoice, it is just a one-click process following the invoice creation page.
- This table displays your products/services presenting them by name and unit price for each category.
- Use the “Search” bar to search for any product by its category and name.
- Edit any product/service by clicking on the “Blue” button and then click on the “Edit” option.
- Delete any product/service by clicking on the “Blue” button and then click on the “Delete” option.
- View any product/service by clicking on the “Blue” button and then click on the “View” option.
- Delete multiple products/services by ticking on their check boxes and then press the red “Delete” button.
How to import a list of products through a CSV file.
- Open the Excel program
- At the beginning of the first row add the fields “Product Code” ,”Bar Code” ,”Name”, “Description”, “Unit Price”, “Buy Price”, “Default Quantity”, “Category”, “Brand” in the A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, H1 and I1 fields in the same ascending horizontal order.
- Beneath every field fill out all the products details as showing in the following figure.
- After you have added all your items save the Excel file as CSV (Comma delimited).
- Log in to your online invoices account.
- Through the “Products” tab select the“Manage Products” option.
- Click the “Import” button at the top right corner on the left-hand side of the “New Product” button.
- The importing wizard will start
- Determine the file that will be imported (the CSV file we previously saved) by clicking on the “Browse” button.
- Through the Delimiters section, select the “Comma Separated” option.
- Click the “Import First Row” check box. If your file contains field labels showing in the first row so in this case, we will not tick the check box.
Step 2 Fields Mapping:
- The “System Field” column: This column shows which fields on the system can the imported data be uploaded into; “*” meaning that this field must be filled (mandatory), and “Chain icon” means that this field is unique (i.e. if you have checked the “Updated an existing product with the new data” check box and there was an existing record that contains the same field value then it will update that existing record with the newly imported record. If you didn’t check the “Updated an existing product with the new data” check box and there was a record with the same existing data then it will ignore importing it and will be showing you errors regarding this record.
- The “Corresponding Field on File” column: Each drop-down menu on this column shows all the column headers on your file. Please select the equivalent column on your file for each system column (only system fields with “*” are required to have an equivalent selected field).
- In this case, we only added the new products and selected a corresponding field in the file for each system field as showing in the figure above, and the “Update an existing product with the new data” checkbox will not be checked as the process will be adding the new data only.
- Click the “Import” button.
- The system will take a few seconds to import the fields and save them.
- Please refer back to the “Manage Products” page to check the imported products.